Save the date!!!
Rancho Del Mar High School will have a Drive-In Graduation Ceremony on June 11.
We are proud to provide our historic RDM Drive-In Graduation Ceremony in the Rancho del Mar High School Parking Lot.
10:00am Graduate’s A-L.
If your last name falls between A and L, please attend the first ceremony. We will allow cars into the parking lot at 10:00. Ceremony starts promptly at 10:15.
12:00pm Graduate’s M-Z.
If your last name falls between M and Z, please attend the second ceremony. We will allow cars into the parking lot at 12:00. Ceremony starts promptly at 12:15
It is important that we observe all of the CDC recommendations regarding COVID-19.
Please click HERE for protocol from the LA County Public Health Department.
2020 DRIVE-IN GRADUATION CEREMONY GUIDELINES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Drive-In Graduation Guidelines:
- Each graduate will be allowed to attend the graduation ceremony in one car or truck. For health reasons, the car should not be a convertible or an oversized vehicle (no limousines, vans, party buses, etc.). There will be no walk – ins, and viewing from the sidewalks will be prohibited. No one shall exit the car.
- There will only be one car/vehicle per graduate admitted to the graduation ceremony.
- Graduates MUST bring his/her cap and RDM 2020 tassel. Graduation gowns are optional but encouraged.
- Each graduate will receive a program as they enter the parking lot / graduation ceremony.
- Graduates will be allowed to decorate his/her car within reason.
- All graduates and guests will remain in his/her car.
CAP AND GOWN PICK UP
Seniors can pick up their caps and gowns from RDM June 2 - June 5 9:00 am - 12:00 pm.
- Graduates or their parents must arrive on campus individually (not in planned groups or with friends) and leave campus immediately once they have picked up their cap and gown.
- All students MUST wear face coverings and MUST respect and follow social distancing guidelines for the duration of their time on campus.
RETURNING THE GOWN
Seniors must return their gowns on Friday June 12, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm or Monday June 15 8:00am -12:00pm.
The cap and tassel are for you to keep as a memento of your accomplishment.
Seniors, please complete the senior survey via survey monkey. This survey is mandatory for all graduates and should take no longer than 3 minutes.
Click HERE to find the senior survey
Please take a moment and think of your favorite memory, teacher, friends that you made at RDM. Please email Kelly Leipzig a short quote, story, poem about your time at Rancho and what RDM has meant to you. We will choose some to print in the commencement program that will be handed out the families of all graduates. Submissions due no later than June 2.
Kelly Leipzig email@example.com
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
JUNE 2: LAST DAY FOR GRADUATING SENIORS TO COMPLETE CREDITS
JUNE 2: LAST DAY TO SUBMIT QUOTE FOR THE PROGRAM.
JUNE 2-5: SENIORS PICK UP CAPS AND GOWNS. 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
JUNE 7: LAST DAY FOR STUDENTS TO SUBMIT PHOTOS FOR THE SLIDE SHOW
JUNE 8: LAST DAY FOR JUNIORS AND SOPHMORES TO COMPLETE CREDITS
JUNE 9: RETURN TEXTBOOKS AND OTHER SUPPLIES
JUNE 10: LAST DAY TO COMPLETE THE SENIOR SURVEY
JUNE 11: COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
JUNE 12: GRADUATES RETURN GOWN